Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Florida, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, OH MY!

Well, A LOT has happened since my last post- we went to Florida, then there was Thanksgiving, then Christmas showed up out of nowhere, then Brinn turned 7 months, then New Years, then Brinn started crawling... Yep, Brinn started crawling!  Well, part crawling, part dragging herself, but nonetheless the girl is on the move!  So baby gates have been installed.  I'll write this blog chronologically backwards since the crawling bit is clearly the biggest news :)  On Christmas morning Brinn started to TRY to crawl- here's a video:
She continued like that for a week, until yesterday when she totally went for it (proud Mama).  Check it out-
She's still hesitant about the whole thing, so I'm not in my running shoes- yet.  My mother sent a terrific text to me yesterday: "early crawler?  early walker"- lets hope not! 

New Year's was a blast- we had some couples in the neighborhood over for a nice dinner.  I made baked ziti, steak, and a chopped salad.  You know, something skinny so start the year off right- ha.  I only took one picture the whole night, but it accurately sets the tone of the evening:
The usual New Years resolutions have been made.  Maybe I should add another to blog more often...

Brinn turned 7 months!  I know I say it every month, but it is FLYING!  I'm sure she'll be 1 before I blink, so I better start planning that party- yay!


Christmas was wonderful!  We took Brinn to see Santa a week or so before Christmas.  We went on a school night, so we the line in front of us was only about 10 deep, but somehow it took AN HOUR!!  Seriously.  I'm not sure why these parents were so ridiculous- "oo- I don't really like that smile, lets take another- maybe Santa can pretend to read to her?" or the child was screaming and the parent forced the issue for 10 minutes worth of awful pictures.  I felt like the Prosser party of 3 were the only sane people in line.  We seriously were one and done- my girl was a CHAMP and loved Santa (see picture below).  When I whisked Brinn out of Santa's arms, I may have casually mentioned that if Brinn could talk she'd tell him that she wants us to win the lottery for Christmas :)  He must have been a upset about the ridiculous parents too, because I didn't even get a courtesy smile.  Oh well, Alabama doesn't have a state lottery anyway.  Regardless, for Christmas, we went up to my parents' mountain house on the 23rd and then headed to Chuck's Mom's house on the 26th.  Obviously Brinn didn't have a clue about what was really going on, but she did enjoy playing with her cousins (and tissue paper!!!).  She really was spoiled with gifts and, more importantly, love.  It was so great to spend so much time with family and friends!





Thanksgiving- we went to Irmo, SC to celebrate Thanksgiving with Chuck's family.  We really do have a lot to be thankful every year, but having Brinn really made me extra thankful this year!  The food was GREAT- even Brinn got in the action having some sweet potatoes :)  Thanksgiving baby:


Florida!  The family packed up and flew to Florida to visit with my parents and some friends.  The flight was very short and very easy- YAY!  Brinn is becoming quite the seasoned traveler.  The trip to Florida was so much fun!  We went to the beach, went to the park, did some shopping, ate A LOT, drank great wine, visited with great friends, and enjoyed every second.  Brinn also started on veggies in Florida; squash was her first veggie and she loved it!  We've since gone through just about all baby food veggies and fruits.  Her favorites: pasta with lentil bolognese (sounds yummy, no?), peaches and rice pudding, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears and raspberries.  She's only spit out avocado- I'm so sad, it was the only food I 'made'.  We're feeding her all organic, since that's mainly what we eat, and I plan on starting to make her food when we start proteins.  Something about chicken or beef sitting in a jar on a shelf totally skeeves me out.  Pictures from the fabulous trip:

First dip in the ocean- you can't tell, but she's screaming.  In her defense the water was COLD.



Much happier sitting in the sand:



I hate avocado!!!!

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!  Bring it on 2012!
XOXO,
Corrine

No comments:

Post a Comment