Wednesday, November 30, 2011

6 months!


Brinn had her half Birthday the Saturday after Thanksgiving!  Our girl is 6 months old and loving it!  We've got some updates:

> She had her 6 month checkup yesterday, and here are her stats:
                 Weight: 17lbs 9.5oz (95% whoa)
                  Length: 26 3/4" (75%)
                  Head: 16 3/4" (50%)
Clearly no one feeds this baby :)  And, she obviously inherited my shrunken head.  She is absolutely healthy as can be, and the doctor was pleased with her progress.  Evidence of her 95% (chunky legs):


> We started veggies!  So far she has tried squash in Florida, sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving weekend in South Carolina, and now we are on carrots.  She's loved everything so far- SUCH a good eater (hence the 95% for weight...).  We are waiting 3 days before trying new foods, to ensure that we don't miss any possible allergic reactions.  Friday we'll try avocado, then peas, then we'll start on fruits.  Its really been fun so far!  (I'll post more about Thanksgiving and our trip to Florida in a seperate blog post). 

> Teeth!!!  Brinn has her two front, bottom teeth.  Teething wasn't too bad, she was just a little fussy during the day and woke up in the middle of the night twice, but easily fell back to sleep.  She did chew on everything (frozen washcloths were her favorite) and sucked on her bottom lip to alleviate the pain.  I hoping the arrivals of all of her future teeth will be equally as easy :) Teethy grin:



I feel like everyday I want to freeze time and keep her from getting a second older, but everyday she amazes me and I love her more and more.  I love her little personality- crazy curious, social yet shy, happy, needy, cuddly.  She has such curious little hands- always reaching for something; always playing with the tiniest detail on her toys: ribbons, tags, a strand of yarn.  Yes, she is sometimes a predator with her toys and bites their face, but most of the time she sits with them completely content to play with the tag that shows the laundering directions in 18 different languages.  I love her sweet little dimples and the fact that she got one from me and one from my sister.  I love her facial expressions and the way she raises her eyebrows in amazement when she sees something new.  I love that she sleeps on her tummy, with her butt in the air- like this:



I love that she reaches out for me wanting a hug or for help.  I love that she smiles and giggles when she wakes up in the morning, which has turned grumpy me into a morning person.  I love that she is a Daddy's girl.  I love that the mirror used to be her favorite thing, but now its old hat- like 'show me something new Mommy'.  But every once in awhile I catch her smiling SO big when she catches a glimpse of us in the mirror.  I LOVE that she sleeps through the night and still manages to give me 3 solid naps during the day.  I love that when she panicked after waking up in one of my friend's arms, my awful singing of 'you are my sunshine' calmed her down quickly.  I could go on and on for eternity, but most of all, I love that she loves me, and I can see it now.  I love you, Brinn.  Happy Half Birthday!!
XOXO,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. this was such a special and awesome post!
    it really touched me and made me smile and tear up too...good writing, momma! xo
    ps - love that lil' bum bum in the air!

    ReplyDelete